Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Knee Replacement

My brother had his knee replaced about 3 weeks ago. It didn't go as planned and he got a little infection in the skin around the incision. After 10 days on antibiotics, he got over that ok but they did a different kind of surgery on him. They cut the cartilage before the surgery and after the knee was in, they sewed the cartilage back together. I guess this was someone's idea of another way to do TKR's. I do not think it is a good one. I had a knee replaced last year and I am thankful they didn't do that to me. He has to wear a heavy leg brace to keep his leg straight until they can get it straight and also bending at the right degree through much physical therapy. He called today and they are finally going to let him have the run of his room without help. That's progress.

No comments: